Slow email delivery? Email delayed? Could be due to Recent Introduction of GreyListing in cPanel
A recent initiative to reduce spam called "GreyListing" has been added to your cpanel account. Greylisting defends email users against spam. When enabled, the mail server will temporarily reject any email from a sender that the server does not recognize. If the email is legitimate, the originating server will try to send the email again after a delay. After a sufficient amount of time, the server will accept the email.
The icon ican be found in cpanel> Mail Area and it allows you to enable or disable Greylisting for each domain on your account.
To enable or disable Greylisting on a domain, perform the following steps:
- Open the icon in cpanel > Mail > Greylising
- Locate the domain in the list, or enter the domain name in the Search text box.
- Click on/off to enable or disable Greylisting.
Email Trace – a handy tool to check email delivery
To check whether any emails sent to you have been delayed as a result of greylisting please use cpanel > Mail > Email Trace.
- Enter your receiving email address into the Search Box
- Run Report
- Click on the Magnifying glass to open the Delivery Event Details window to get complete delivery information.
Oceania Support Team
Tuesday, September 29, 2015